SWAG logo
  Home   Transport   Origins   More  

Forms and Information for Volunteer Drivers

We need volunteer drivers and are very grateful for any "new" drivers that join us. Paperwork is kept to a minimum, but we have to be seen to comply with normal legal requirements. There are just three forms:


  • "CRB" form (now called DBS - Disclosure and Barring Service):  Some of our clients are vulnerable, so it is necessary to complete a Criminal Records Bureau form.  We supply this form and pay the admin. charges.

  • Insurance form:  You need to inform your insurance company that you will be a voluntary driver.  Send this to them and when it's completed, return with any Insurance company letter to the Transport Organiser (01590 681 500).

    For more information, see the Association of British Insurers Volunteer Drivers page.

  • Data Protection form:  We need permission to keep a record of the data you have provided us.  This will be kept private and not be used for any other purpose:

For information

Good Practice Guidelines for Voluntary Car Schemes

Good Practice Guidelines for Voluntary Car Schemes in Hampshire as recommended by Hampshire County Council and the Good Neighbours Support Service.

Secondary Insurance

We provide a "secondary" insurance that covers your no-claims bonus and excess should you have an accident whilst driving for SWAG.

See this Outline of Cover (PDF format) - (opens new window)

Parking permit

Hospital Parking Permit Every driver is provided with a "Hospital Parking Permit" which should be displayed when you are parked. Hospitals vary, but usually this entitles you to free parking, parking in bays dedicated for hospital drivers and sometimes parking in disabled bays (where the client is disabled).  It's always best to check with the hospital.

Disabled parking permit

Hospital Parking Permit When the client is disabled SWAG has a "Blue Badge" (link opens new window) for parking in disabled bays. This is kept by the Transport Organiser and may be borrowed as needed. Some clients may have their own Blue Badge, of course.



See Hospital Parking for Volunteer Drivers in Hampshire

and see our More maps and directions

Adobe Reader logo

PDF (Portable Document Format) files are best suited for printing.

If you don't have it already, download the free Adobe Reader for PDF files by clicking on the icon (opens a new page in your browser).


Contact us on 01590 681 500

Or email: us at:  

Sway Welfare Aid Group is a Hants, UK, based Charity for people of all ages living in Sway

Back to top